The Association is a non-profit, non-political
entity and has the objectives of:
1. Provide a forum to promote teaching,
research, development, and applications of GIS and its related technology
2. Networking of people in the
teaching, research, development and applications of GIS in Asia.
3. Encourage the conduct of collaborative
research and dissemination of its results by researchers and professionals
in GIS in Asia.
4. Encourage the development of
and provision for the dissemination of information on new and improved
methods of GIS in Asia.
* The geographical coverage of the Association is the same as the geographical coverage of Asia of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) which includes East and South East Asia, South Asia and Central Asia and does not include West Asia.